Sunday 24 February 2013

Only Left-wingers could think killing and maiming is a giggle

What is wrong with Left-wing people? Why are so many of them so filled with violent hatred of anyone who disagrees with them?

Why has so little attention been paid to the cruel, bloodstained words of John O’Farrell, the official Labour candidate in the Eastleigh by-election?

Mr O’Farrell, an alleged comedian, has not as far as I know repudiated or regretted a passage in a book he wrote at the age of 36, saying he wished Margaret Thatcher had died in the Brighton Bomb.

He said: ‘In October 1984 when the Brighton bomb went off, I felt a surge of excitement at the nearness of her demise and yet disappointment that such a chance had been missed.’

In case anyone had missed his point, he added later. ‘I just hated her so very, very much.’

I am not, as it happens, a great admirer of Lady Thatcher myself. And I’m not above a bit of invective and mockery against the politicians I actively despise.

But it is the hate-filled violence of this passage that strikes me. What kind of person can write this, and then not cross it out in embarrassment?

This is not the only example of this sort of thing last week. The BBC has for many years tolerated a radio programme called ‘The News Quiz’ on which sniggering fun-revolutionaries (at your expense) are paid to amuse a sniggering Left-wing studio audience with babyish jests, under the guidance of a self-satisfied chairwoman who thinks she is cleverer than she is.

More here

No comments:

Post a Comment