Thursday 11 April 2013

The past five years, caused a lot of hurt and distress to myself and my family.

A senior detective forced to resign over the investigation of schoolgirl Charlene Downes’ disappearance is considering suing the force.

Former Det Sgt Jan Beasant was told to step down from her job following a disciplinary hearing which deemed her conduct “fell below” the standard expected during the investigation.

But last year a tribunal cleared her name – and it has now been revealed Ms Beasant is considering suing Lancashire Police for damages and personal injury.

The former detective, who has been reinstated by the force but has yet to return to active duty, said she felt “let down” by her employers.

Ms Beasant said: “I feel let down by my employers and they have, over the past five years, caused a lot of hurt and distress to myself and my family. 

link

Det Sgt Jan Beasant who is taking legal advice from a solicitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment